photo HOMEPAGE.png  photo ABOUT30.png  photo MILAJO.png  photo Unknown.png  photo ADOPTION30.png  photo OurHome.png

Thursday, November 3, 2011

Doubt

I do it all the time.

I doubt.

I am known to my husband, my family, and my friends as a woman of faith.

I never doubt God's Word. If it is written in the Bible. I believe it.
God said he parted the Red Sea? I do not doubt that for one second.
He created everything in 7 days just by speaking? No doubt here.
He flooded the entire Earth? Yes!
Will God provide for my family? Of course! I don't doubt that.
And I don't doubt His goodness, grace, and mercy.

So then why am I filled with such doubt in myself?
If God is indwelling in me, why do I doubt who I am?

I doubt my abilities as a mother, a wife, and a woman.
I am constantly worried that I am not "up to par".
I am so fearful that other people will not like me. That they will find me annoying, or "ditzy", or half-hearted.

I have always been a doubter of my beauty. I KNOW that I am beautifully and wonderfully made. But I doubt it constantly.

But lately I've been feeling the most doubt about my little Etsy Shop. I feel like I will put effort into something, and fail. I want to be an example to my children. I want to teach them that you can never succeed if you never try. But I am finding it to be a hard lesson myself. My husband has always said this to the boys when they get hurt, or can't do something the first try...

"Why do we fall? To get back up again."

And isn't that the truth. God has given us opportunities so that we can learn from them. It is up to me to use the gifts He has given me, or to listen to the voice of doubt.

"Jesus replied, I tell you the truth, if you have faith and do not doubt, not only can you do what was done to the fig tree, but also you can say to this mountain, 'Go throw yourself into the sea,' and it will be done." Matthew 21:21





Today I'm joining Miss Mommy for Tag Along Thursday!

4 comments:

Sarah {the fontenot four} said...

Loved your post! I feel like I could have written a lot of that about myself. I am a new follower from Tag Along Thursday!

Becky @ lovetobeinthekitchen said...

Hi! I'm a new follower of your blog from Soleil Selene.

Emily said...

Hey, I'm on Etsy too. Have you joined the Etsy Success team or signed up for their weekly emails? Those have really helped me because they're full of great tips for creating a successful shop. Check them out!

Kristina said...

We luv family blogs over @ Yo Michael Michael! Found you through Soleil Selene. Please follow back. Have a great weekend :)

~Kristina
http://www.yomichaelmichael.com