photo HOMEPAGE.png  photo ABOUT30.png  photo MILAJO.png  photo Unknown.png  photo ADOPTION30.png  photo OurHome.png

Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Giving Me Away

When I began to date (which was college seeing as how boys never showed interest before then) I knew exactly what I wanted in a man.
I knew I didn't want to "date around". I wanted a man to marry, and man who I could start a family with. I wasn't interested in wasting my time.

I would go on dates with guys who'd ask, but I could always tell within one date if they were "the one" or not.



Then I met James. I knew within months that I loved him and that I would spend forever with him. We were married within two years of our first date.

I have my dad to thank for that. He did an amazing job of teaching me (through his actions) of what a godly man looks like. You can read more about that here at startmarriageright.com, where I'm now a contributing author!!



I still have an amazing relationship with my dad. I'm thankful that he told me I deserved the best man, not a good man.

I think one of the greatest things my dad ever did for me was tell me the importance of purity before marriage.

When I was 15 he gave me a ring to wear until my wedding day. I wore it, and I kept my vow.
On my wedding day he took it off and handed it to James.


I doubt there were many dry eyes at the wedding when he told everybody what he was doing and why. It was such a special moment. He thanked James for being a man of honor and for upholding the vow of purity.
I was so elated to have him walk me down the isle.
I know that the moment he gave me away was hard for him, but I'm so thankful...


because then James and I could have this moment.





6 comments:

Shannon Q. said...

Wow, wow! You have an amazing father and marriage story. It is truly beautiful. Congratulations on becoming a contributing author to such a valuable resource for people.
Blessings!

Sean and Rachel said...

Still makes me cry. We're so blessed by an amazing Daddy :-)

Unknown said...

That is a beautiful story and you were such a gorgeous bride!!

Kristal said...

These are such gorgeous photos! A relationship with your Dad is so important! These wedding photos are so pretty! I just posted my wedding video on my blog yesterday and it gets me teary! You have a beautiful family! I cant wait to have kids!New follower from Casey's blog hop!
http://sincerelyarizona.blogspot.com/

Kisha Jaggers said...

New Follower!! Found you through Caseys linkup! Love your blog.. and when you have time hop over to my blog kjaggers.com and if you like what you see.. follow back! Happy New Year!!

Elizabeth Ann @ Elizabeth Ann's Recipe Box said...

So sweet! I love this! My dad gave me a purity ring too! Found you via Casey Wiegand