photo HOMEPAGE.png  photo ABOUT30.png  photo MILAJO.png  photo Unknown.png  photo ADOPTION30.png  photo OurHome.png

Tuesday, May 14, 2013

WIW Beige, Brown, and Gold

I got this dress as a hand-me-down (I know…that word is getting old…do I even buy any of my own clothes?).
But I didn't like it at all.
It fit so awkwardly.


It had two of those tie belts. The first went through those loops at the top.
So ugly.
The second went right around my hips.
So ugly.
So I took out the neckline tie, and I cut off those belt loops and tied one around my waist.
Voila!
It's now one of my favorite dresses.
And it was free. Even better.




So what's your best "upgrade" on an outfit?
Any tips on making this one even better?
Love your ideas!!

Don't forget that I'm on BlogLovin now, so follow me there!



5 comments:

angela hodges abode said...

You were featured this week at http://hickorytrailblog.blogspot.com/2013/05/assets-and-efforts-linky-party-2.html for your curtain hanging without a rod. :)

Thanks,
Angela

Naturally Carly said...

Great boots! Love the heel and buckle detail. You look great!

www.naturallycarly.blogspot.com

Caroline Davies said...

Such a great look! Loving the dress!
New follower from the Pleated Poppy blog! Looking forward to your next post!

xo
Caroline

lovecarolineblog.blogspot.com

Amanda G. said...

Nicely done! I do that all the time on dresses where they have belt loops, because they never fall on my actual waist. It always helps.

Unknown said...

I love this look, especially with the boots. You have great hair too!

Come link up with me at Watcha Wearing Wednesday
http://www.themummychronicles.com