photo HOMEPAGE.png  photo ABOUT30.png  photo MILAJO.png  photo Unknown.png  photo ADOPTION30.png  photo OurHome.png

Thursday, May 29, 2014

Dear Ella

Dear Ella,

We just celebrated your third birthday. It is cliche when I say it, but it truly feels like last week that we brought you home from the hospital. I cannot fathom how quickly these past few years have gone by. It brings a tear to my eye thinking I only have fifteen more of these with you, I want to savor every moment I have with you.

There is something about you, girl. You brighten our home in such a special way. Each moment you walk down the stairs with your crazy hair, and that pink blankie you light up the room. You wake up with a smile on your face, begging for snuggles. How can we resist you?


You are sweet, dainty, and girly; everything I have ever hoped my daughter would be. You are also stubborn, so very strong willed. You will fight for what you want for such a long time (which can really wear a momma out). I know that God gave you a fighter's spirit. You do not like to be alone, you love to be surrounded by people. You set up tea parties and insist the boys use their manners while you serve them. You check for fairies in the fairy garden, play with your princesses, babies, and books. You sing, and dance and give us a show. You giggle and squirm when we tickle you. You also tackle and wrestle your brothers and dribble a basketball.


You are deathly afraid of worms, turtles, and the chick-fil-a cow (which is adorable). You are so incredibly sassy when not getting your way. You and Micah have such a unique relationship. He adores you and you, him. You two can fight like cats and dogs, then work it out within seconds. Josiah will usually give you whatever you ask of him, I do believe he's a bit smitten as well.


What I most love about you is how you have such a nurturing spirit. You have mothered Caleb nearly as much as I have. You feed him, coddle him and watch his every move. When he cries you rush to him trying to soothe him. You find him copious amounts of toys to keep him entertained. The same way you love him, he loves you too. You rush to his side as he whimpers and the moment he sees you he smiles. He watches you all day, and will nearly break his neck to follow your every move. You are an amazing sister.



You have such a kind and gentle spirit. I am so amazed at how God gave you such a spirit of gentleness. You are so enchanting. We have been so blessed to have you in our family. We pray that your bright spirit continues to light up the rest of the world. We love you, adore you and cannot wait to see what God has in store for you. Girl, you are something special. Thanks be to God for letting me be your mommy!

Love,
Your Mommy


1 comment:

Ochi Bernadas said...

Hey,Bethany ! I'm a new follower on GFC! Little Ella it too cute, your other kids are adorable, too! Happy birthday to her!

I'd love it if you can follow me back! :)

xoxo,
Ochi In The City