photo HOMEPAGE.png  photo ABOUT30.png  photo MILAJO.png  photo Unknown.png  photo ADOPTION30.png  photo OurHome.png

Monday, September 8, 2014

Healthy and Delicious BBQ Salad

I've found a new and delicious salad! You know I love my salads and I'm always working to find a new and delicious way to dress up my spinach and kale.

Here's my super healthy,  power salad that you should most surely create at home!



Sweet Pulled Pork and Pepper Salad

Baby Kale, Spinach, torn into bite sized pieces
Palm sized amount of BBQ Pulled Pork
1/2 Sweet Red Pepper, chopped
1 small carrot, chopped
Green Onions to taste, diced
1/2 Avocado, diced
1 small tomato, chopped
8 chopped almonds
1 Tbs extra virgin olive oil
Salt and Pepper to taste

This was the results of leftover pulled pork from the night before. To make the pork I cooked a lean pork roast in the crockpot with a can of diet coke (it makes the pork so moist with a hint of sweetness to it!). When the pork is done I'll shred it and add BBQ sauce just to moisten it. James will usually add more to his, but I just like the favor and it keeps the calorie count lower. 


The next day I'll use that pork along with all of the other ingredients to make up the salad. By choosing to use only a bit of oil and salt and pepper it really allows all of the flavors of the veggies to stand out. 


This is the perfect lunchtime salad with enough protein to give you energy for hours.
I hope you love this as much as I do!


No comments: