photo HOMEPAGE.png  photo ABOUT30.png  photo MILAJO.png  photo Unknown.png  photo ADOPTION30.png  photo OurHome.png

Monday, February 11, 2013

Home Tour {The Playroom}

In an effort to show you my home I asked the kids to clean the playroom.
And since they suck at it aren't as particular as I am about cleaning it up, I gave up and decided to take the pics anyway.

After all….let's be real….it's never clean anyway.




But with these cuties…I can't seem to stay perturbed about it.
So here it is….

:: The Playroom ::


 I got this huge frame at Hobby Lobby's 80% off clearance sale for $6. I painted the glass with chalkboard paint (obsessed…I know).
What I especially love about it is that as soon as I hung it…Jo smudged it…of course : )



I found those canvas bins for $3.98 at Wal-Mart.
Is it weird that I want to call them "dope" because they are so inexpensive? Yeah, it is. Sorry.
I still have lofty plans of painting the bookshelf and the "bin" shelf white one day….one day...



I use sting and thumbtacks to hang my kids art up.
I love it.



All the toys don't fit in our boxes.
And the train never stays together.


See…it's messy.
But surely functional.
Having an open loft is one of the BEST things about our home.
It will be the perfect room to transition when they are older.


The kids spend a TON of time in here…so it's usually much messier, but they love it. I also love to be the "hub". Kids never want to leave here (I promise it's not my hospitality). I think our home is perfect for kids to be free thinkers and play with my millions of children.
I like having a fun home for kids to be kids in.

Thanks for taking the messy tour.
Time to play!


The DIY Dreamer
Photobucket

10 comments:

Angie G. said...

I love the little footprints on the wall! What a cute playroom! I am your newest GFC follower, and found you via 'I Love My Online Friends GFC Hop'. Have a great day!
Angie G.
http://mycraftycollections.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

Oh my goodness, that is so adorable! Will you come decorate my nursery!? :)

SO glad you linked up, hope to see you next MOnday!

Unknown said...

What an awesomely creative space! Lucky kids. :)
www.shannonheartsblog.com

Unknown said...

Your link was beside mine at Fun in the Functional and so I thought I'd stop by. I had my first 3 children in 3.5 years. They are now 15-18. You'll never regret having a home your kids and others can feel at home in and worry about messing it us. Our teenagers still like our home the best for hanging out - it's what you do now that will keep them close as teens/adults.

Have a great week!

Unknown said...

It looks great. I have one child who can make that "mess" look clean in about 10 seconds.
Thank you for sharing at Sugar&Spice.

Sarah
http://sarahmschultz.blogspot.com

Christina @ Floridays Mom said...

I think the best part about a "play room" is that its meant to be used to play and not staged. Yours looks perfectly fun!
I love the wall with the art projects. My little guy is 3 and just now starting to come home with more and more stuff he's made at preschool and my fridge is filling up with these pieces. We have a play room as well..I'm so going to steal this idea. I want to frame a few of the nicer pieces but for the every day stuff, your clothes-line is a perfect solution. Thanks for all the great ideas and for sharing your space with us.

Christina @ Floridays Mom said...

I think the best part about a "play room" is that its meant to be used to play and not staged. Yours looks perfectly fun!
I love the wall with the art projects. My little guy is 3 and just now starting to come home with more and more stuff he's made at preschool and my fridge is filling up with these pieces. We have a play room as well..I'm so going to steal this idea. I want to frame a few of the nicer pieces but for the every day stuff, your clothes-line is a perfect solution. Thanks for all the great ideas and for sharing your space with us.

Unknown said...

I love the chalkboard message in this room! Our play area needs one of those!

Abby @ Just a Girl and Her Blog said...

What a fun play room! Thank you so much for being real--that can be hard to find in blogland sometimes! ;) Adorable kiddos too! I found you at the Blissful & Domestic Feature Friday Linky Party--thanks for sharing!

~Abby =)

loveolympiajune said...

Hi Bethany!

I hope you got my email in response to the chalkboard paint. :) I am still new to blogging so I'm figuring out the best way to respond to peoples comments.

I like the way you hang your children's artwork! Super cool idea!!

~Stephanie