photo HOMEPAGE.png  photo ABOUT30.png  photo MILAJO.png  photo Unknown.png  photo ADOPTION30.png  photo OurHome.png

Tuesday, July 29, 2014

The Washroom

Our laundry room has been a 4 year project. I have been trying to figure out what to do with this space. It isn't the biggest room, but it seems to be big enough to really use it! When we purchased the home it was an empty room. We have added so much to it since then! 


The first step was to add a utility sink. Check. 


Step two was to add cupboards for some extra storage space. It's so great for hiding all of the towels, rags, toilet paper, paper towels, light bulbs, and laundry supplies. Thanks to my dad and James for spending an afternoon of their time getting them installed for me! I am so glad I spent a few extra dollars and got the corner cupboard, it really added a nice dimension to the room.


They then took the hanging wire rack and added it to the other side of the room. I really needed some place to hang the clothes when they needed to air dry and a space for the laundry baskets to be stored off of the floor. The photo below is what the room has looked like for the past year or so. I was still really coveting a mud room and kept trying to figure out how to incorporate that into this room, and not lose the functionality of the room.


Here's what we came up with.






We decided to add a cubbie shelf and a bench and voila! It turned this space into a perfectly practical "washroom"! And I adore every bit of it!


We purchased the cubbie shelf at Home Depot for $26 (Closetmaid three shelf x2). The bench is really just a 12" shelf that we cut down to fit and used brackets (12" L brackets) to hold it up.
I found the amazing teal, plastic baskets at Target (these were a splurge at $7 each YIKES!). Each kid has their own basket for their shoes. I have a basket for outdoors (sunscreen, bug spray, water balloons, swim diapers, etc). I think my favorite basket is my returns basket. Everybody needs one of those to keep the items and receipts together!




Did you seen that?? Those white baskets are filled with boots! Yes! Finally a home for dingy boots!



And this lovely contraption hangs behind the door. A nice place for the mop, broom, and plastic bags.


I adore this teal poster. It was my inspiration for the entire room color scheme. Isn't it lovely?


I'm one happy, organized momma! It's amazing what a few baskets can do to make me giddy!


3 comments:

Unknown said...

This looks amazing! Laundry room is the one I have been avoiding :)

Katherines Corner said...

It looks terrific and very functional. Thank you for sharing your sweet blog at the Thursday Favorite Things Blog Hop. Watch for your feature on Monday xo

Teri said...

I love your laundry room. I adore the bench and the baskets~so pretty and clever! I would love if you would share these tips and anything else you would like, at my new blog party,Celebrate It! It's all about sharing how we celebrate our everyday lives!
http://thefreshmancook.blogspot.com/2014/08/celebrate-it-blog-party-5.html