photo HOMEPAGE.png  photo ABOUT30.png  photo MILAJO.png  photo Unknown.png  photo ADOPTION30.png  photo OurHome.png

Wednesday, January 10, 2018

Family Photos With Show Hope

I'm notoriously bad at doing annual family photos. I would call it more of a biannual thing...

This year we were contacted by Show Hope to participate in a quick photo session. 

Show Hope is an amazing organization founded by Steven Curtis Chapman and his wife to give aid to those who have been called to adopt. We applied for a grant when adopting Caleb, and they gave us a HUGE grant. It was a massive burden lifted from our shoulders. 

They flew in the most amazing photographer, Trisha Locoste, who snapped these amazing images of us within minutes of meeting her. We were floored and blow away with them! 

























Amazing right? You would never know that we got ready for these pics in 20, YES, TWENTY minutes.

It's my own fault. We were scheduled for our photo shoot the day before; which we missed. I had put it in my calendar wrong. I woke up to an email from them saying they were sorry to miss us. Guys..... I was devastated. James urged me to call and tell them were were available for anything. We would drive anywhere to be part of this.

I frantically called, begging to have it rescheduled. They were so gracious and told me that they had a cancellation and could have us fill that spot; in one hour. It was a 40 min drive away.

Like a hot mess, everybody was in our master bedroom throwing on clothes and shoes.  Amidst the chaos, I bumped into the ironing board (because, why would I have ironed the night before??). The hot iron fell onto my arm for less than a second, leaving me with third degree burns on my forearm and wrist. I didn't treat it because we were in such a rush. Guys, in these photos my arm is ON FIRE.

The show must go on, right? I ended up having to do my makeup IN THE CAR, while trying to keep my arm underneath the AC vents.

Praise God for his mercies, and for skin regrowth.

Moral of the story, I'm never ironing again.

We will be a family know for embracing life's wrinkles.



No comments: