photo HOMEPAGE.png  photo ABOUT30.png  photo MILAJO.png  photo Unknown.png  photo ADOPTION30.png  photo OurHome.png

Monday, March 11, 2013

Miss Ella Bakes {Granny's Cookies}

I really love to cook. My boys have always though it was fun to pull up a chair and help out.
But not like Ella likes it.

This little girl pushes this big chair up to the counter, climbs up, and asks for a spoon to "tir" with me.
She will stay there the entire time with me. Playing with her plastic spoon, and just watching me.






We made my Granny's chocolate chip cookies and I promise they are worth every calorie. They are the best. No way around it. I thought I'd share it with you today.

Granny's Chocolate Chip Cookies

1 cup butter flavored Crisco
3/4 cup brown sugar
3/4 cup granulated sugar
2 eggs
2 1/2 cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
2 tsp vanilla extract
1 12oz bag of chocolate chips

Cream crisco and sugars together. Add eggs, vanilla, baking soda and salt. Gradually add flour. Mix in chocolate chips.


Bake at 350 for 8 minutes (we like them extra soft!)


Don't eat them all at once.

:::

The way she helps me in the kitchen is the same when I'm getting ready in the morning. The boys will be watching tv reading quietly and she'll come up the stairs to find me, pull out my hairbrush, and ask for my makeup brushes. She'll put on chapstick and play with the brushes.

The boys have never shown interest in the same way she has. She loves to do what I do. She loves to be girly and act like Mommy. I love this! I didn't push it on her. I didn't invite her into the bathroom with me and ask if she wanted to brush her hair and pick out shoes. I love that she wants to be with me even if she loves her daddy more. I love that she loves to be "rocked" and sung to. I just love her little, tiny girly nature. God has blessed me with two rowdy, tough boys….and one princess.
My heart it happy. I'm so blessed. It is just so fun to be a Mom (most of the time)!



3 comments:

Sean and Rachel said...

I need some Ella time

Melinda said...

That is just too sweet! She's so adorable. :) I've tagged you in my Five Things post. http://www.marshmallowmudpie.com/2013/03/five-things.html

Carrie @ My Favorite Finds said...

How sweet! My daughter is just like that, too. So girly, wants to be with mommy all the time...and then I have my twin boys. Love my two sweet boys and princess girl. Your cookies look delicious by the way! Thanks for sharing at Pinworthy Projects.