photo HOMEPAGE.png  photo ABOUT30.png  photo MILAJO.png  photo Unknown.png  photo ADOPTION30.png  photo OurHome.png

Thursday, January 31, 2013

11 Stupid Things Men Say To Women

Men can be stupid (we don't say stupid, Mommy) silly. Really "silly" sometimes. 

You know when they say something and you make this face…

And then you say…
"Are you serious right now?!"
And then they back track and say...
"No…that's not what I meant. I love you. You're pretty. Give me a hug. Can I buy you something?"

11. I like my mom's cooking better.
Technically James has never said this to me. But…he does like certain dishes his mom makes better than I do. Still stings a bit

10. I can only see your mustache in the sunlight.
Please never comment on my facial hair. Ever.

9. Are you sure that guy was whistling at you?
One of my friends had just had a baby and got whistled at in the parking lot. When she told her husband he respond that way. Ugh!

8. You think that mirror makes your hips look wider? Funny, it doesn't do that to me. 
James best friend said this to his new wife. Fool.

7. Your head is shaped like a hot dog.
This is real folks. I have a friend who's husband actually said this to her .

6. You're not going out looking like that, are you?
Never comment on my outfit. You think a polo shirt and sweat pants is appropriate attire. 

5. You're acting just like your mother.
Never. Say. This.

4. You don't get an opinion, you haven't had a real job.
This one always hurts. 

3. I like your fat stomach (or any other part of your body). 
I was complaining about my fat stomach to James, and he tried to reassure me with this comment.

2. Do you know why men wouldn't find you attractive in any other country? You just don't have wide enough hips to be attractive.
Yes. James said this to me one night, and tried to fix it by telling me that not all men see beauty the same way. Oh James. Sweet, sweet James.

1. What have you been doing all day? The house is a mess and the kids are naked!
There is no better way to get the blood boiling than by asking a stay at home mom this question. 

But just remember ladies. Men are silly. Women are silly .We are all just a bunch of hot messes that chose to spend the rest of our lives together. So when they say stinky, hurtful things…remember that they DO love you. So take it with a grain of salt, one day you'll be able to look back and laugh about it. 
And you can always use it down the road. I call it "ammo" for when I really want that chalkboard from Hobby Lobby : )


:: If you want to read a **better** version of this check out my published article at StartMarriageRight.com ::







Photobucket

9 comments:

Christina said...

Read your article a few days ago to the girls at work. We had a good laugh while relating to some of them! :)

Shannon Q. said...

This is a fun post, and accurate! Just visited your shop also this morning. Your jewelry is awesome and beautiful!

Rachel said...

A couple weeks ago my husband told me I looked fa as a joke and I think he's still quite proud of himself for that. Bad boy. I glared at him, don't worry. Men!

Paige said...

No kidding! I asked Curtis if my hips were getting bigger or smaller. He said bigger but your stomach is flat. Of Cousteau I went to the bathroom to soak up tears and to question why I even asked. Haha!

Anna Demko said...

Hahah! My hubby is so honest, he will tell me only The Truth... SOmetimes we don't want to hear the truth, just say what we want to hear lol
lovely blog!


happymedley.blogspot.com

Ashley said...

bla hahaha!!! love this. thanks for the laugh

Kristine@thefoleyfam said...

LMAO! The hot dog shaped head is killing me right now! HAHA! Thanks so much for linkin up to my Sunday FUNday party! This should totally be a link up :) XOXO

Nic said...

LOL so accurate. Guys just don't get it.


chevrons&anchors.com

Alexis Tanner Lane said...

Haha! This is so funny! I read this to my husband and he even laughed. :-) My two little girls are 16 months apart so our kids are close in age too! They're 2 and 8 months. Anyway, I saw you over at Him and Her, I'm your newest follower, and I have a link party going on right now that I would love for you to link up to! Hope to see you soon! http://weliketolearnaswego.blogspot.com/2013/02/what-i-learned-wednesday-44.html