photo HOMEPAGE.png  photo ABOUT30.png  photo MILAJO.png  photo Unknown.png  photo ADOPTION30.png  photo OurHome.png

Thursday, August 15, 2013

The {Best} Sweet Tea Recipe

I have this crazy sweet mint plant in my garden that literally grows like a weed.

I love it…I  would have loved it more had I have planted it in a pot rather than my garden box. Between that and the strawberries, my garden box has been taken over!

Thankfully, I have found the best ways to use it.

1. Mojitos (delish!)

2. Mint Sweet Tea

So here's how to make your own delicious batch of the tea…



Bring 4 cups of water to a boil.

As soon as it is boiling allow three family size tea bags to steep for about 10-15 min (I like it kinda strong).

Remove the tea bags and add 1 cup of sugar into the tea and stir until it dissolves.
Put 3-4 long springs of mint leaves into a large pitcher. (This is probably the equivalent to 3 cups of loosely packed leaves).

Pour the hot tea over the mint leaves. Fill the pitcher with cold water and ice. 
You can drink it immediate if you want. But the longer you let it sit, the better it gets. 





I usually just use a large plastic juice pitcher for this. I made this for a party so normally I do not make this much!

This really is delicious. I haven't met a person who hasn't loved it yet.

Enjoy!




1 comment:

Maggie said...

How large is your pitcher? 1 Gal.?