photo HOMEPAGE.png  photo ABOUT30.png  photo MILAJO.png  photo Unknown.png  photo ADOPTION30.png  photo OurHome.png

Thursday, January 10, 2013

Home Tour {Kitchen}

Blogging is such a great way to keep memories tidy.

Since my kitchen never looks like this {we usually have a few more dishes in the sink and clutter on the island}, I thought now would be a good time to show you what it could look like.


I really think this clock changed the entire way my kitchen looked. I love it! It's double sided, which is perfect since I have an open kitchen, dining room, and family room. We can tell time from each room.
I found it at Hobby Lobby {I could live in that place!}


I never thought that keeping the microwave and stove would clean and shiny would be such an easy way at making the kitchen look so fresh!
I also just realized you can use furniture polish (I used this oil) on your kitchen cabinets to keep them clean and full of life! Use it on all your wood furniture, you'll be shocked how much better it looks!


This table is probably close to 75 years old. It was my great Grandfather's. Needless to say he trashed it! It was black and covered with bleach stains when we first got it from my parents. James' dad is phenomenal at refinishing furniture and now it's one of my favorite things about my home. 


 Decorating with coffee beans in the kitchen is an easy and cheap way to fill space and add a touch of warmth.



*Update*
I added these green balls to the basket and it made the entire thing!




Don't forget to decorate above your cabinets. I love this little burlap frame {find the tutorial here} I made with their baby pics.



I adore this chalkboard I found at Hobby Lobby. And it's a great tool for our weekly Bible memory verse. We say it as a family durning dinner. It warms my heart when they can recite these from memory!


Since you can never have enough chalkboards in your home. Here's a few ways to use that paint. And find my tutorial on these twine wrapped bottles here


I love this cookbook holder ($6.00 at Ross). And I keep my Mom's cookbook in it. It's full of tasty things!



I adore this vintage inspired coffee tin my friend gave me. And it's functional too!


Sweet treats!


I {heart} my cheap Ikea glass storage containers!


I'm not good at being organized but my refrigerator helps. I have our weekly schedule and menu right there. And it helps me to remember to pray for our sponsor other children. Mine are cute. Go get your own!


 It is also our chore center for the kids. They sure love their little brooms! And I especially loved that they were $1.97 at Wal-Mart.


And one of my favorite things ever…my Don't Forget chalkboard painted onto our garage door. Never leave your home without remembering those library books again!

So what do you think? I am sure one lucky lady!




9 comments:

Shelly said...

Your kitchen is beautiful and so clean! It is inspiring me to organize and clean mine up. I definitely need to pick up some of that restoring oil for my cabinets.

Shelly said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Donna said...

Your kitchen looks wonderful. I love the dark cabinets and the light counters. Your pictures of your children are beautiful.

Unknown said...

Beautiful and functional! I love the coffee bean ideas!

Denise @ My House, My Rules said...

Your kitchen is beautiful! I especially love that clock. Want to come decorate my kitchen for me? :)

Carrie @ My Favorite Finds said...

Love the chalkboard! And the clock is super cool too. Thanks for sharing at Pinworthy Projects.

Kerryanne @ Shabby Art Boutique said...

It's a lovely kitchen Bethany. Thank you for linking up at Shabbilicious Friday

Christine said...

Now that's what I call a perfect kitchen!! Love it!

Thanks so much for sharing this at The DIY Dreamer... From Dream To Reality!

kaylee@life chasers said...

Cute! You can never go wrong with chalkboard :)