photo HOMEPAGE.png  photo ABOUT30.png  photo MILAJO.png  photo Unknown.png  photo ADOPTION30.png  photo OurHome.png

Friday, January 13, 2012

Boys Will Be Boys

Someone should tell him it's dangerous to do construction in the nude
What? That's my job?


Let it be known. I love being a mom to boys.

I have always wanted to have boys. And God has blessed me with two "all boy" boys.

I love that they love to play superheros and rescue the princess. I love the action figures, the forts, the buzz lightyear undies, and the wrestling. I love to hear them grunt, groan, and giggle. I love to hear them say "hi ya!". And I love their imagination when they role play.

Spaceship of course!



But...with boys comes things I don't love so much. I don't like the mess, broken toys, the muddy floors, boogers, blood (because one of them is always bleeding), the physical fights, the pee on the floor (right next to the toilet), the stained t-shirts, the desire to jump off of anything that is high, and the yelling. Did I mention that I don't like the mess?




Poor Buzz

These are things that come along with being boys. I understand that. But I feel like there is a fine line between "boys being boys" and boys being naughty.

I don't like it that they don't play nice with their toys. I don't like that I have to hide new books because I know they will be destroyed.

I so desire to teach my kids to be grateful and respectful of their "things". I want them to be able to play with their toys, and I understand that boys are going to be rough. But I want them to "play nice" and not destroy things.

Where's the line? I talk to them about being respectful of their toys and of each other. But I do NOT want to be the mom that gets upset over a broken toy.

Lord help me with these little boys! Good thing they are so funny!

So for now I painted this on the wall in the playroom. I guess if I can't beat 'em I'll join 'em.


Besides...she really loves all this chaos!

~PS. This will be the toughest girl around~







14 comments:

aislin said...

*hugs* BIG hugs.
i grew up with three younger brothers and now am a full time nanny to two little girls. little girls destroy toys just like little boys. they make messes just like little boys and they could care less about staining their tees.
they have a buzz lightyear toy, have they seen toy story? try taking the newly broken toys away & shelving them where the kids can see, but make sure to be firm on not returning them until they get treated nicely.
messes mean little kids are having fun.
that's what my mom used to say!

Anonymous said...

I wanted a boy too! And I have him - crazy, wild, messy, dare-devil, all boy - boy! And he likes to be nudie all the time, what is up with that?! LOL.

Amy said...

Saturday my daughter was invited to a bowling birthday party. The girls were bowling on one lane and the boys on another. It was so interesting to really see side-by-side the difference with boys and girls. The boys were loud, jumping & running around, picking each other up, and rambunctious. The girls were quiet and focused on the game. While I've always wanted a boy and a girl, I'm glad I have 2 girls. I think if I had 2 boys I would have gone insane! But then again I'm almost positive I will be going insane when my girls are teenagers!!
I love the photo of your son naked "working" with the tools!

Katie @ minivan diva said...

I have 3 boys and it is so true that boys will be boys. : ) I am excited to follow along on your journey and I can't wait to read more!

Unknown said...

HI Bethany! Thank you for joining the hop!

Emily said...

oh the mess is only for a season, then you will want it all back again! following back from stusiousstitch.blogspot.com, just read your "i believe" and i'm so excited that i can say we're on the same page :D YAY! can't wait to get to know you and discover more of your blog :D

rreynol3 said...

Also, both of your boys are complete sweethearts and cuddle bugs. That is one of the best qualities of those "all boys." I love them.

Katie said...

your kids are adorable! love the last pic of your little girl!

Heather @ Finding Beauty in the Ordinary said...

your kiddos are adorable!!!! i'm expecting my first in august and i can't make up my mind if i prefer a boy or a girl... i'll just take a healthy baby! :)

Lisa @ MMT said...

They are just adorable! Boy will be boys :) I can relate because I have a little boy and he is into trucks, tractors and trains! All boy stuff. And man, do they seem to make a mess of everything haha!

Unknown said...

your home resembles mine! LOL Thanks for the great post :D
-Jade

Chrissy Thomas said...

I wanted boys before I had my daughter and now that I've had her I don't think I would be a good mom to boys! lol

Thanks for linking up!

AbsoluteMommy said...

Thanks for linking up to Dirty Secret Saturday! Great post about boys. I've got two girls!!

Tracy J said...

From a mom of five boys....I SO get you~ It's really tough to have destructo boys. But boys are rad!
Your kids are gorgeous. And that sweet girl.....will probably be giving those boys a run for their money soon enough! Coming over from the Dirty Secret Saturday!

Tracy
Dear Life From a Mom of Boys