photo HOMEPAGE.png  photo ABOUT30.png  photo MILAJO.png  photo Unknown.png  photo ADOPTION30.png  photo OurHome.png

Monday, August 19, 2013

Home Tour {Living Room}

I finally got around to snapping a few photos of our living room.
If you want to see the rest of my home you can find it here, herehere, herehere.
I'll be honest and tell you that this is one of the least favorite of my rooms in the home, and naturally it's the first one to be seen.
This is the entry room of our home.

While I love the staircase…I just struggle to decorate it. I'm struggling with the bookshelf decor. We need access to books….so this is the most practical way store them. Right??

Anyway…on with the tour!



Our family verse is Isaiah 41:10 and I've been wanting a creative way to display it somewhere…I think I found a unique way to do it! 


This is the view from our front door. 
My little Ikea plant is struggling a bit…poor guy. 


This mirror.
I adore this giant mirror. 
My brother in law gave it to me for a gift when his old apartment building was getting rid of it. 
Swoon


I also love this antique end table that James' grandfather gave me.
And the little box is perfect for hiding tiny shoes.


And here's that blasted bookcase. I've tried my best with it. I'm sure it will get better with time. 




My Greatgrandparents had the horse and buggy on their home. I love that it's an antique and graced the home of another generation of my family.


So there you have it. Our Living Room. For a front entry room we sure use it a lot. It's perfect for reading, cuddling, and playing. 



2 comments:

LeslieA said...

The room is beautiful. Have you ever thought about opening the space under the stairs for a bookcase. I've seen it a lot in magazines.
Thanks for the peek. Love you all!

the cape on the corner said...

love that sectional, I wish we had one! and that big mirror is something else.