photo HOMEPAGE.png  photo ABOUT30.png  photo MILAJO.png  photo Unknown.png  photo ADOPTION30.png  photo OurHome.png

Wednesday, May 29, 2013

The Time I Wanted To Move To Kansas

Do you ever feel the urge to just pack up and move? 
Usually I don't. I adore Colorado and I adore my "little, big town". I adore my family, friends, and relationships I've built here. I love my home, the parks, and the quick access to a variety of outdoor activities.

But as of late, I've been craving a change. I want a small town. I want land, and chickens, and goats (I have no idea why goats sound appealing). I want my kids to run around without fear of cars, or strangers. I am envious of mature trees, and plants, and vegetation. Kansas has all of this, and more….cows….my kids love those cows. 

We have a lot of family in Kansas, and I always love to visit. Small town life. There is nothing like it. We recently traveled there for a wedding (which was gorgeous). The kids played outside all day, stayed late up late, got dirty, played with cousins and had the time of their life. Tire swings, fairy houses, cowboy boots, big wheels, cupcakes, roasting marshmallows, tree stumps….what's not to love? It all made me want to pack it up and relocate.












This was Josiah's first haircut other than what I've butchered done.
Thanks to the groom for doing an awesome job, and giving him racing stripes that made him feel like Captain America. 








Micah stated "I am the Lorax!" 










I loved it all. Well, maybe not it all. There was the issue of the wind, and that dang humidity.
Then… when we arrived home, I had nearly forgotten this is where I live. How could I ever leave this?


Yes, Kansas is nice.
But I'm a Colorado girl through and through.

3 comments:

Sean and Rachel said...

And, you can't leave me yet either!!!!

Rachel said...

I so get that urge to leave everything and just go somewhere new from time to time. I think it's because I've always moved frequently--staying in one place feels weird. I love her little girly cowboy boots!

the girl in the red shoes said...

Oh. My. Goodness. I can't get over the amount of cuteness in this post!!! Your little ones are adorable!!