photo HOMEPAGE.png  photo ABOUT30.png  photo MILAJO.png  photo Unknown.png  photo ADOPTION30.png  photo OurHome.png

Monday, September 16, 2013

Garage Makeover {Completed}

I've discovered that peg board is amazing!
My garage will never be the same.

We are so fortunate to own a home with a three car garage, which has allowed us to create a huge mess use it as storage. But, the problem is that I'm not the most organized person in the world; that might even be an understatement. It was just a mess. A big hot mess. It was driving me crazy!!

So one day…for no reason…James and I pulled EVERYTHING out of the garage and began our "de-hoarding"and organizing adventure.



Phase one:
Clear out the junk.

 Yeah…that's us…classing up the neighborhood.

Phase 2:
Paint the floor.


This made such a difference! We love, love, love it. And now we just hose it out to clean it. So easy!
We used Sherwin Williams Porch and Floor Enamel in grey.

Phase 4:
Hang Shelves & Peg Board


We have big plans on finishing the basement and we knew we had to clear it out first….yikes. 
Now you get to see all of my hoarding tendencies. Look at all of that crap! 
The problem is I have clothes for both genders up to size 6 for the kids. That takes up 13 of those boxes. I'm not getting rid of them until after we welcome the 6th member of the family into our home. 

But what is awesome about these storage area is that all of our garage "chemicals" are high enough that the kids could never reach them! Woo Hoo…now they can't poison themselves! 



 



Don't forget my painted door and stairs too!


This is the first time I haven't hated the chaos of the garage. It feels SO good to get it organized.
If you are wondering…
We got all of the supplies at Home Depot.

I promise to keep it this way….as much as the rest of my family will allow it!


5 comments:

Sean and Rachel said...

Looks amazing!

Kayla @ Home Coming said...

Great makeover! I wish my garage looked like this. I'm hosting a throw pillow giveaway that you should enter! http://homecomingmn.blogspot.com/2013/09/pillow-covers-giveaway.html

Unknown said...

James must be in the mood to paint, that's why he painted tirelessly your entire garage. In doing so, he made your garage look polished and new! You should reward him for a job well done.

-Sol Hendricks @ DiamondCompanies

Anonymous said...

How is the peg board holding up with heavy items like the yard tools & etc?

Garage Door Services said...

Thanks for sharing great blog for garage door repair. If you want to hire professionals services of garage organizer Woodstock, Acworth, Kennesaw, Woodstock, and Canton, Contact Us any time. We are available 24 hours for great garage makeover Canton and organizer.